Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Write All the Things

In addition to reading and blogging, I'm also trying to get back into the habit of daily writing. I'd better, because I have no fewer than four deadline-specific papers or articles to deliver before June 30... and this doesn't even count the book manuscript.

That's a bit too short for a post, isn't it? As IƱigo Montoya said,



Yeah. That's my to-do list in a nutshell.

Once again, I said "yes" to too many things. Each of these are individually worthwhile: a paper for a "why yes, we'll fly you to Europe" conference that will result in a publication of a loose end that I wanted to publish anyway. A conference paper for a panel organized by a friend on a topic that I actually know something about, and that will give me a weekend to see said friend at a conference. Two revisions/updates of things I've already published. All worthwhile. And for the record, I did say "no" to one other writing-on-commission thing that came my way last year.

How will I get through this? Same way I'm gonna get through Middlemarch: one page at a time. But this is going to require a combination of consistency and ambition and persistence that I haven't had to deploy since I wrote my master's thesis in six agonizing weeks while finishing my MA coursework.[1]

The reward? Once I'm done with these things -- and provided I can avoid saying yes to anything else -- I'll get to finish the damn book when I'm done.

And speaking of Another Damn Book... more on that in a future post. I've been away for long, and have much to tell.


[1] I read and explored and researched for the summer between year 1 & year 2. Then, sometime in late January, my adviser said, "Why aren't you writing yet?" And so, faced with the need to crank out a chapter a week, I wrote frantically six days a week. On the seventh day, I drank. 
 

4 comments:

mikon said...

All the things are written and put in black and white manner for the people. The ability of the man to click to explore is enhanced for the citizens. The charge is sorted out for the flow of the brisk methods for the writing of the slots.

mikon said...

All the things are written and produced for the motivation of the partners. The struggle is offered to go to page for the acquisition of the material. The content is advanced for the suggestions for the fourth coming elements for the citizens.

Hildegard Flatley said...

I figure, an educator ought to be assistive of each understudy in all issues and should proceed with them well. Understudies need assistance and love from their coaches yet incredibly, the present educators are bit https://www.paraphraseexample.com/best-site-to-paraphrase-for-me/ strict with the understudies.

Hildegard Flatley said...

A guide ought not be savage since little adolescents can't shoulder the hard immediate of the educator. An instructor shouldn't teach barbarously https://www.paraphrasingservice.com/how-our-paraphrasing-service-works to the little schoolkids and ought to show them tenderly in the classroom.