Sunday, September 22, 2013

The Return of Three Things

I absolutely cannot begin to tell you how slothful I've been lately. And by "lately," I mean "for a very long time."

Arguably, I've been enjoying life more. But the chaos is piling up in my work life. So the time has come for gettin' shit done. And that means the return of the "three things a day" list. You don't need to read mine. This is just my way of making a public commitment to myself. One work-related thing; one cleaning/organizational thing; one errand. More or less. Every day.

And then, I get it all done, and I get to watch the second-to-last episode of a Certain Show. I blame the television renaissance for my lack of productivity....

6 comments:

Dr. S said...

I suspect that you already know this cartoon, but just in case:

http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co.uk/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html

I feel like this more of the time than I care to admit.

jo(e) said...

Sloth is my favourite of the seven deadly sins.

Historiann said...

Hey--I miss you, but I totes understand that for some things to progress, other things (like blogs) have to not be so well attended.

Good luck with your big thing!

Psycgirl said...

I love this idea!

What Now? said...

I love this! I just recommitted to my own standard resolution of "suck less," and I'm now going to incorporate your "three things" plan into that resolution. Thanks, and good luck!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is so much more reasonable than my flailing "do everything today....aaaaack overwhelmed....day almost done stay up really late because remember the do everything part?...I give up" plan.
Three. One from each category? Got it. Thank you.