Friday, September 2, 2011

Two Announcements (and One of Them Is Real)

(unrelated photo, Puddletown, industrial area)


1. I dreamed last night that I got up to a microphone, in front of my department's assembled incoming students and a smattering of faculty and administrators, and introduced myself as "Notorious Ph.D.", then announced some sort of workshop that would be taking place on my blog. Which reminds me...

2. ADM & I are cooking up the next writing group. We're hammering out a few teensy details, so watch this space over the next couple of days for a Call for Projects. It'll be another 12-week term, so think about what you'll be realistically able to accomplish between, say, Labor Day and Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Dame Eleanor Hull said...

Oh, good! I have missed the writing group so much. Every Friday, I feel like I should be checking in with somebody. Thank you for bringing it back!

Cly said...

Snap to DEH. Most fabulous!

Susan said...

You mean your students and colleagues DON'T know you as Notorious?

Beth S. said...

Oh goodness. I think I need the writing group! Somehow that R and R that I got in December still hasn't written itself.

Dr. Virago said...

Ooh, I want to participate this time! I actually have something *due* in November!

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Okay, guys -- The CFP is up. Get on over and give us your proposals!