Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Now back to your regularly scheduled

Thanks to all for your voices of sympathy and experience on the previous post. I found them really helpful.

I've gotten more information about my sometime friend. It looks good, as far as general quality of life, but less so as far as a career as a researcher/teacher. But one never knows. Small blessings, I suppose.

As for me, it's another good push in the direction my introspection of late has been taking me: be present, and be grateful.

But this does not preclude also: do thi werk. So it's back to transcriptions. I'll let you know when it gets interesting.

1 comment:

Tenured Radical said...

Just got to your dilemma. It happened to me too, and it felt awful. But in the end -- you have the relationship with this person after the crisis that you had before. And form my experience, it actually allowed me to let go of some of the anger and resentment that I had not been able to overcome viz. my former friend.