Sunday, March 29, 2009

A veritable potpourri of updates and reminders

  • I am on spring break, and will be spending it at a conference, a memorial service, and visiting friends in Grad School Town. I'm leaving Monday, and staying the full week.
  • Sadly, I'm going to be doing this all while sick, though fortunately not as sick as Historiann, Tenured Radical, and practically everyone at the OAH got. Just a run-of-the-mill cold/flu that seems to be following its natural course. At this point (day four) I am segueing from upper respiratory (everything blocked and disgusting) to lower respiratory (chest pressure/dry cough). The cough portion always seems to last the longest with me, but at least I won't be flying with my head all stuffed up (though I'm sure I'll be getting some dirty looks from my fellow travelers when my hacking cough alerts them to their proximity to a plague vector).
  • Don't forget to stop back here tomorrow for our final installment of the History Matters series, where Judith Bennett pops by with a guest post, reflecting on some of the issues raised in our ongoing discussion, and adding new discussion fodder of her own. Not to be missed!
  • Medieval Woman has posted plans for the k'zoo blogger meetup. Head on over to her place, get the info, and RSVP.
  • I've very nearly finished my latest unassigned reading, Laura Miller's The Magician's Book: A Skeptic's Adventures in Narnia. Miller was co-founder of Salon.com, and has written what I feel to be a nice reflection on the books, their author, their many contexts, and their meanings to those who read them. I'm going to revisit this in future posts.
  • This is my 20th post for the month, officially making this month my most-posted since starting this blog. I said back then, in my first post, that I would try to post something every day. Note to prospective bloggers out there: this is a dumb thing to say.

No comments: