Saturday, August 18, 2007

Talking about the Weather

Today, in Fellowship City, water fell from the sky. All day long.

I don't really mind. It does that in Home City, too. But not in Job City. Hardly ever. The first year I lived there, I amused myself by giggling over the local news' "storm watch" coverage whenever there was the slightest shower. You may think I'm exaggerating, but I assure you that I'm not.

I'm actually looking forward to the rain, snow, and overcast days. They're the kind of days that make me want to fix a pot of some hot beverage, stay in, and work. I actually wanted to do that today. Unfortunately, until next week I have no books, no files, no library privileges, and my desk is sitting unassembled in a box behind the couch. Then again, I did give myself permission to not-work the first two weeks I was here, while I set the place up. And I'm actually encouraged that the weather has already prompted wanting-to-write feelings.

No comments: