Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Arrival

Just a quick post tonight, to let people know that I've arrived safely in Fellowship City. Mostly uneventful, except that the short connecting flight from Nearby Hub City was in the smallest plane I'd ever been in (19 seats, not counting the cockpit), and when this small craft met with a storm system halfway between Point A and Point B, I was fairly sure that we weren't going to make it.

Tomorrow morning I go pick up the keys to the apartment that will be my home for the next year. It's a bit funny -- I still don't feel either undue excitement or separation anxiety. Maybe it's because I know I'll be coming back to the same job, apartment, furniture, and friends next year. This just feels like an extended out-of-town trip. Perhaps it will sink in later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it there safely!